POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Improved particle interaction (MPG1) : Improved particle interaction (MPG1) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Improved particle interaction (MPG1)
Date: 24 Nov 2001 01:27:42
Message: <3bff3dde@news.povray.org>
I've modified my particle interaction routine in which particles experiment
a cohesive force, but cannot be too close either, so as to avoid having two
distinct particles occupying the same space.

This can be seen at the end of the sequence, in which the blobs settle down
in the bottom of the "receptacle" and don't occupy the same space. This
really improves the sense of the conservation of volume, which was evident
in some past animations.

I'll be happy to receive any feedback on this sample.

Of course, I'm also fed up with this surface, so the next thing I'll try is
to extend the algorithm to accept non-lathe surfaces.

Fernando.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cohesion2.m1v.mpg' (196 KB)